Anna MacLean, BA, RMT
Anna MacLean is a dance/drama facilitator and Registered Massage Therapist who loves to help people relax, move out of pain, and increase their mobility and body awareness.
Trained in classical ballet in early life, Anna has spent many years “undoing” all the ballet training and has shifted into more holistic, less structured forms of bodywork such as, Authentic Movement and Alexander Technique. Anna is certified to teach the Groove Method and Dance Our Way Home, both of which increase the accessibility of dance and foster personal freedom, wellness and expression.
In 2013 Anna began her studies at Sutherland-Chan School & Teaching Clinic, fell in love with anatomy, physiology and massage therapy and continues to explore the ways massage promotes wellbeing through relaxation, better sleep, recovery from injury and easing tension or pain from life’s daily activities. Anna’s treatment style combines calming relaxation massage with specific, deep pressure if needed, adapting to each individual.
5 Fun Facts About Me:
1) I am very silly. But I can also be seen as shy. My quietness is paired with confidence and playfulness that tends to put people at ease. I strive to facilitate safe-space where everyone is welcomed. The directions I give are gently offered in the form of an invitation, asking participants to make the dance their own. There is no right or wrong way to move, only what is best for each person.
2) I form bonds of genuine friendship with those I work with. I approach people as friends first and secondly as an artist and/or a healthcare professional that maintains necessary boundaries for artistic and/or therapeutic relationships.
3) My song selections move people to dance. I use calming and uplifting music as a form of relaxation, invigoration and connection.
4) I strive to live a slower pace of life than is common in our modern society. I focus on presence in relationships and shared experiences.
5) I am a gifted collaborator and work well with nearly everyone. I am a peacemaker and a community-minded person.